Friday, May 27, 2011

Well, it's that time of year again- the end of the school year and the pressure of getting teacher gifts. I know, there shouldn't be pressure. I know the end is coming, same time every year, but somehow I always seem to leave it until the last possible minute. As a matter of fact, Emily's last day was Monday with the all school picnic on Wednesday and I went with no teacher gifts! Fortunately, the daughter of one teacher babysits for us so I can send her gift home with her daughter. Emily is going to some Tuesday Kids Club days this summer with the other 2 teachers so I can deliver those too.

I knew I wanted to do note cards and looked around to see what cards I thought matched each teacher. This is what I ended up with (so far!).

Miss M is a younger girl- in her 20s I think. I wanted something fun so this is the layout I picked:



I did 5 cards of each color and decorated the envelopes too. I love how they turned out!


Mrs. M, I don't know, I just picture her as kind of a flowery, traditional kind of girl. I made these cards with a class (didn't do the monogramming though) after I found them on another demonstrator's blog- she used them to showcase the new Stampin' Up! In Colors. I tried several different things on the scallop behind the letter and finally used the Fine Flourish background stamp and created my own DSP (designer series paper). The stamp pattern has light lines and I was able to tie in the In Colors with the monogrammed piece. I love these! I will totally make them again!


Since there are 5 In Colors, she got 2 of each color.

No comments: