Thursday, May 26, 2011

So anyone who knows me, probably knows how I feel about treat bags. You know, the bags kids get when going to a party- birthday or whatever- usually filled with candy and little toys. Yea, I hate them.

Emily's "summer birthday" was last Friday at school. Since school was out for the year before her birthday, she got assigned an earlier day to celebrate her summer birthday. She got to be person of the day, line leader, ring the clean up bell and bring in snack. Due to my feelings about treat bags, she was not going to take them.

We went into Meijer to do some grocery shopping and walked right by the flower seed packets. I thought: What a FABULOUS idea! Give all the kids a seed packet, they can plant them and watch them grow. No cheap toys to break and wind up polluting our environment in the dump and no candy to hype them up and rot their teeth. I, of course, couldn't just give the packets to the kids, I had to make them pretty so this is what I came up with:



I embossed a 4x5 sheet of cardstock, inked stamp with markers then punched out. I used the new Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch for the flower behind the Happy Birthday circle. I attached the seed packet to the back with glue dots. I got a lot of positive feedback from people about how much the kids liked them. Yay!!!!

No comments: